Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Associate SameTable_V with SameTable in the LiveConnection PBIX when renamed in the source model.

When I have the following icon at the bottom right of BI: (With a live connection to a seperate datasource)

image.png

If I update a table name at the source it should recognise the table name change and reassociate any visuals that referenced the old table. Or allow a re-assignment at the very least. (Having to re-create a measure includes conditional formatting, etc. and can be fairly time consuming, not just a copy paste) The whole idea of connecting live is to get the most up-to date model in my mind- including table names(they come through just fine, instantly, so why doesn't it recognize it just like in the main "live" report). It seems like a critical feature is missing and I don't want to use a .pbix with LiveConnection until it feels less like building a mansion on a house of cards.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @T-Rez

I would suggest you post your feedback here: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

T-Rez
Regular Visitor

I thought that is where I was... Where is this and what is the difference? haha. Thanks.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @T-Rez

The link postd in my previous reply is a deciated site for sharing any feature request. 😊

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu