Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ArcGIS not working in desktop

The ArcGIS map visual was working fine yesterday but now it doesn´t even load, it just appears blank (neither the Esri logo nor the loading bars appear on the visual). I was wondering if there is some solution for this or if it´s just a temporary thing due to some update. 

PS: I have the latest update (May 2017) installed and I`ve already tried clearing my data cache in options and disabling the ArcGIS preview, closing the pbi file and opening it again; Nothing seems to work.

Comments
andresionek91

Same problem here. Blank screen. Started last Monday. Clearing cache won't fix the issue. The maps doesn't load in any computer were PBI is installed.

aharper382
Regular Visitor

Same issue here.  Started yesterday for me.  

DAN
Advocate II
Advocate II

same here...

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@alejandrort @DAN @aharper382 @andresionek91

The issue was that the new visual version, updated on Monday, was using API 1.7 which is not yet available in PBI Desktop - it will be available in June release, in a few days. The older build is using API 1.6 which is supported in PBI Desktop May release.

Now the visual's version was reverted and issue should has gone.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

alejandrort
Regular Visitor
@v-haibl-msft I opened my pbi file, disabled the ArcGIS preview, closed the program, enabled the visual again and still nothing; the visual appears blank. I've also tried reinstalling the latest Power Bi Desktop update and no change. Seems that the ArcGIS visual is still an ongoing problem.
rodolfocguerra
Frequent Visitor

Dear All,

Same problem here.  My ESRI map will not load in Power BI Desktop.  Tried all steps above and still nothing.  When will the June update be available @v-haibl-msft?  Thanks

lhealy

I had the same problem. This morning I  downloaded the June update from 

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-june-feature-summary/ 

The ArcGIS maps generate on my reports now.

rodolfocguerra
Frequent Visitor

Thank you very much @lhealy!  It seems to be working now!