Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ArcGIS not saving changes

I change the map ("Edit") from "Points" to "Boundaries" and adjust the colors in "symbol style".
Going back to report and saving.
After clicking to another tab inside the report and coming back the map is reset to default layout!?

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I'm not able to reproduce the issue in Power BI desktop version 2.72.5556.701. Please test again to see if the issue still occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!
Seems to work with the latest version.

But there are new problems:
The saved map style in PBI Desktop is not present in PBI.com online!?
"Symbol style" with gradient red is now green...!?
see screen shot.

Another problem ist that the automatic Dashboard export and sending daily email with the dashboard says for the map "visual does not support export", so it stays empty again!

Oliver

PBI DesktopPBI Desktop

PowerBI.com Pro onlinePowerBI.com Pro online

Dashboard onlineDashboard onlineDashboard subscription export emailDashboard subscription export email

Anonymous
Not applicable

Side step - confusing version management.

I had installed: Version: 2.71.5523.941 64-bit (Juli 2019)

The MS documention says:
08/14/2019
August 2019 Update (2.71.5523.641)

Which is lower then the July version!?

And when you get latest version you download:
Version: 2.72.5556.701 64-bit (August 2019)

No documentation...!?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

1. I set the fill color as red for ArcGIS map, after publishing the report to Power BI service, the ArcGIS map fill color is red as defined in Power BI desktop. I would suggest you test again. 

q2.PNG

2. Regarding the ArcGIS map doesn't display in subscribed email, I found the same issue has been reported internally before: CRI 66162565 and CRI 108196751. It's by design that the ArcGIS map doesn't support in export scenarios, like Email Subscription or Export to PowerPoint/PDF.

3. The latest Power BI desktop version is 2.72.5556.801. You can find previous version here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-latest-update-archive

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

ad 1)
You should definitly test with same conditions!
I did not color the map, but used a color ramp based on measure as describend earlier (see screens)
Also you should use same geo examples: "1020 Wien, Austria", "1030 Wien, Austria"
What I found out: when opening the report online, the map is green
After changing any slicer it changes to the defined colors and behaviour!

ad 2)
Makes not much sense in an professional environment!
The "filled map" does not work online because of very poor geo search, in Desktop everything is fine with location info, online it is empty...
Alternativly you can use ArcGIS, which again can no be exported and also does not work proper.

ad 3)
I installed the very lates (I had 2.72.5556.701) - makes no difference.
What I also did mean, that the documentation for new versions is wrong or missing.

Regards
Oliver

Map-ArcGIS-def1.pngMap-ArcGIS-def2.pngMap-ArcGIS-def3.png