Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ArcGIS Map Rendering Issues

When using the ArcGIS map visual, I am using revenue to control the size of the markers and revenue percent change, compared to the previous year, to control the color. Everything works fine when first creating the visual, but when the visual has to be rendered again, either by clicking another tab and returning to the original tab or by closing the report and reopening, the map is rendered with the markers being transparent (no color filling in the markers). I believe that this is a bug because when first creating the visual, everything works perfectly. 

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @vega,

Which Power BI desktop version do you run? Does this issue happens to all the map or only one specific report. How about the result when you run the report in the latest desktop version 2.52.4921.581

Based on my test in the latest desktop version, when change base map the layer will be display not more than 5 seconds, please wait for a while to see if the layer display finally. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

vega
Resolver III

I am running the latest version of Power BI. I have version 2.52.4921.581.
I created a new report to test and the map is working on that report. So, it seems like the problem is isolated to this one report. 

Here is the map right after I added the measure for color. As you can see, it works as expected.

Capture.PNG

And here is the map after clicking on another tab on the report and returning back to the original tab. As you can see the color in the dot are gone and the markers are hard to see. 

Capture1.PNG

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @vega,

As the issue related to the specific report, would you please share the report with us if possible? 

As you mention after clicking on another tab on the report and returning back to the original tab, the map data markers disappear. Could you share detail steps about this? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

vega
Resolver III

Unfortunately, I cannot share the report, as it contains sensitive data. A detailed representation of the steps I took is simple. My report contains two tabs "All" and "Page 1".

1. I created an ArcGIS visual in the "Page 1" tab
  2. The map contains an address under "location" that includes street address, city, state, and zip. Under "size", is a measure that displays revenue. Under "color" is a measure that displays the revenue percent change from this year to the prior year.
  3. After adding the third measure (percent change), the map works correctly.
  4. I click on the "All" tab, wait for the visuals to load on that page and click back on the "Page 1" tab
  5. After the visuals on "Page 1" load, the markers on the map no longer have any color and are transparent (As you saw in the second picture I posted)

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @vega,

I'm still not able to reproduce the issue follow the steps. 

1. Please update the Power BI desktop to the latest version 2.52.4921.682

2. Please try clearing the cache, with the following steps:

1) Close all instances of Power BI Desktop

2) Open file explorer and navigate to the folder <system drive>:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\CEF\cache

• replace <system drive> with your operating system hard disk partition
  • replace <user> with your user profile name, typically the alias you login to Windows with

3) Delete all contents of this folder

4) Restart Power BI Desktop

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

vega
Resolver III

I followed all the steps above with the exception of clearing the cache from file explorer. I do not have Power Bi Desktop in the Microsoft folder. I believe this is because I downloaded Power BI through the Windows Store, in order to always receive the updates automatically. I cleared the cache in the Power BI app using File -> Options and Settings -> Options -> Data Load ->Clear Cache.

The problem still persisted after following these steps.

vega
Resolver III

Also, the problem is definitely with the Data Color field. If I remove the measure from the Data Color field, the map always renders correctly.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @vega,

I also can't reproduce with the Power BI desktop 2.52.4921.682 64-bit (November 2017) from Windows store. For this issue, I would suggest you create a support ticket to get dedicated support. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered