Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ArcGIS Doesn't Plot Data

Previously, Power BI ArcGIS would generate heat maps (back in Aug 2021). When I tried to get the same visual to work in Dec 2021, it wouldn't work.
I tried a different data set (world population) for the UN website, just to isolate if there was an issue with my data. That didn't work either.

I installed the Aug 2021 version but that didn't work.

Ideas? 

ceyres_0-1641499189008.pngceyres_1-1641499266028.png

As far as my test, seems like when the location is city instead of country, the heat map would be available in the map which is similar with my first reply.

Not certain it is by design or something else, here is the official docuement about Power BI ArcGIS heat map which not mentioned the location consideration: Change the map theme 

Since the visual map is published by Esri, you can create a new post on Esri community if you have any other questions about this visual.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test. The heat map seems works fine.

vyingjl_0-1641539575895.png

Perhaps you can try to use Novemeber version to check it again which works in my side:

November 2021 Update (2.99.563.0)

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yingjl , thanks for the quick response. 

I already tried a Nov version as well. Can you send me your sample file, or I can give you a sample file? 

v-yingjl
Community Support

You can consider sharing a sample test file which could reproduce this issue without any sentive information on the community.

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yingjl , how do I send you a file?

v-yingjl
Community Support

You can store your test file on each where can save it online and share the file link directly on the community.

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yingjl ,
I sent you a DM. 

The data just comes from the UN site. Nothing confidential. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Or, you can send me a link to a file that works on your end, and I try it. 

v-yingjl
Community Support

As far as my test, seems like when the location is city instead of country, the heat map would be available in the map which is similar with my first reply.

Not certain it is by design or something else, here is the official docuement about Power BI ArcGIS heat map which not mentioned the location consideration: Change the map theme 

Since the visual map is published by Esri, you can create a new post on Esri community if you have any other questions about this visual.

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the feedback. I used to have this mapped by state/ province, and it worked. Suddenly it doesn't. Perhaps my tickets should go to them. All I know is it worked, and now it doesn't. 

I am going to try population by state data, and see if that works. City is not the right level for what I need.