Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

April 2021 Display Folders Gone

After updating to the April 2021 release all of our display folders have disappeared on the desktop application.

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi, @carpenterbrice 

When you talk about the display folders, do you mean the folders that contain columns and measures in your dataset?

If so, I’ve done some tests and I found that it’s displayed normally in my case.

Before update:

v-robertq-msft_0-1618995858547.pngv-robertq-msft_1-1618995858551.png

After update:

v-robertq-msft_2-1618995858559.png

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

carpenterbrice
Regular Visitor

Yes @v-robertq-msft those are the display folders i am referring to.

Please see screenshots as example of the current issue.See display folders that existed before the update. And still exist in the published data set in the PBI service cloudSee display folders that existed before the update. And still exist in the published data set in the PBI service cloudSee where the folders no longer exist on the front end of the desktop.See where the folders no longer exist on the front end of the desktop.See the area where I previously set these display folders. Now blank.See the area where I previously set these display folders. Now blank.

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi, @carpenterbrice 

According to your sample picture, it seems that you used the display folders with hierarchy in your desktop, so I’ve also created some display folders with hierarchy in my pbix file to make a test. But the display folders still displayed correctly in my place.

Before update:

v-robertq-msft_0-1619059397926.png

After update:

v-robertq-msft_1-1619059397931.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

carpenterbrice
Regular Visitor

@v-robertq-msft i agree on new desktop files that i do not see any issues. However i still had the same issue with the desktop file that was saved locally and worked on about 15 mintues before the upgrade. So i know the folders were there and working, then i opened the file right after the upgrade and they were gone.

I have since redownloaded the desktop file from the powerbi service where it was published. when i open that file the folders are now there on the local desktop application running the April 2021 version.

So not sure what happend, but interesting as i saw notes in the previous update around display folder bugs being worked on.