Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

April 2020 throwing DataFormat.Error when using Gateway Performance PBI template file

On the April 2020 version of Desktop, downloaded the Gateway Performance PBI template file  and pointed it to my gateway logs.

In the query editor, both the "QueryExecutionReport" query and the "DataError" query both error with the following:

DataFormat.Error: There were more columns in the result than expected.
Details:
Count=11

The problem appears after the Table.ExpandRecordColumn step - in the QueryExecutionReport I get it when I try to do the Table.Group step (I repeated the action in the UI to see if that had change) and in DataError the problem also occurs after the Table.ExpendRecordColumn step, but when you try to filter the rows for where the expanded JSON equals true.

Works correctly in : Version: 2.79.5768.663 64-bit (March 2020)
Doesn't work in : Version: 2.80.5803.1061 64-bit (April 2020)

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I can reproduce the issue on my side. Will report it internally soon. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I already reported this issue internally: CRI 187792258. Will keep you update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

colivier
Advocate I

Getting the same issue. Looks like Refresh query log entries are outputting additional fields in the log.

Please see my the following post for details: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Gateway-Performance-Monitoring-PBIT-Dataformat-error/m-p/11...

luukov_nedap
Frequent Visitor

Getting the same issue here on Version: 2.82.5858.641 64-bit (june 2020)

rhalabi
Helper I

Getting same error with June 2020 release.  Anyone know how to fix?

Patrice
Regular Visitor

Same error with July 2020 release of the Gateway.

Anyone can help ?

Joe_Doe
Regular Visitor

Same issue on latest release of the gateway (December 2021).

Malasanha
Frequent Visitor

Still present in Version: 2.106.883.0 64-bit (June 2022)

Riktastic
Frequent Visitor

Hate to say this, but this is still present in the November update of 2023.

There currently is not a way to easily debug the On-premises data gateway. While it is for my customers and myself included the most troublesome part of the Power BI systematic.

@v-qiuyu-msft sorry to bother you with this ancient issue, do you have a status update?