Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Apps Stuck on "Building your app..."

Recently several users (report consumers) have been experiencing app(s) stuck on "Building your app ...". Some details below.

Browser: Chrome (public and incognito)
Workspace Type: New Experience

User Type: admins, members, contributers, consumers (e.g., all types)

App Age: new and existing

Frequency: sporadic

How: selecting App from App landing page and Home screen

So far the only solution/workaround we have is disable "New Look On". I have toggled this on and off and gotten it to work with many iterations of on/off.

Case #120071424004357 already opened - per Microsoft, aware of issue and patch estimated on August 1st. 

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@trobm ,

This issue couldn't be reproduced on my side. I would suggest you create a support ticket here for further analysis.

Support Ticket.gif 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had this issue as well. One user I spoke to just logged out and back in to their computer and it then worked fine for him. Obviously not a fix but worth a shot.

trobm

@v-yuta-msft  120071424004357 - to be patched on August 1st.

@Anonymous  thanks. Yes many workarounds, including just refreshing the page.

alistairmaccer
Regular Visitor

Patched on 1 August - but still not working.  Testing the app we have, the problem appears to be if there is an Excel workbook in the app.  Work-a-rounds include Refresh Brower and using the Back Page in the browser.  For our organisation that happened in the July release.  Pre July this issue did not occur.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also am running into this issue. 

Joe
Advocate II
Advocate II

Many of our users are getting the message "Building your app" and it keeps spinning forever . 

CidcleyBarbosa
Advocate IV

Hi everyone!

Several users on my organization had reported this issue. App building in loop or loading only a section of app. Sometimes the mesage "Permission Required" appear, this stuck disappear refreshing the page.

I found the solution on this post: Solved: Building your app...message keep spinning when ope... - Microsoft Power BI Community