Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Apply security fillter in both direction - not usable after december 2020 power bi desktop release

Yesterday my security was working.  But it stopped working once the December Power BI desktop update was pushed out.  I can no longer click on the Apply security filter in both directions checkbox any more.  I opened the pbix on a different system running the November release with and can click the checkbox with no issues.  

froelichgr_1-1608149416533.png

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@froelichgr 

The issue is reported internally and I will keep you posted with any updates.

CRI 219092390

carlitos96
Employee

Previous monthly versions posted here, in case you want to roll-back temporarily.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/desktop-latest-update-archive

KennethMiles
Regular Visitor
@froelichgr I am having the same issue but I am in the United States. This is affecting our role level security.
mlucking
Advocate I

Same issue and it is also affecting our role level security for global reporting.

froelichgr
Advocate I

A temporary solution is to install the November version of desktop.  I'm looking forward to a fix in the latest version.  

mlucking
Advocate I

@froelichgr thanks.  Works when I went back to November version too and yes, looking forward to the hopefully quick fix!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can we track and follow this issue to know when some resolution is put in place.  This is affecting a solution that that we were in the process of rolling out.

Thanks

allyklee
Frequent Visitor

This is crazy - we can't deploy any of our reports or fixes until this is remedied. 😞

AntonioPalomas
Advocate III

I have the same problem.

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@froelichgr 

This has been fixed in the new release.