Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Apply changes not working

Hello,

With August'22 version I have an issue when I try to apply changes or discard them.

Seems not working neither:

cristianml_0-1660227541470.png

cristianml_1-1660227555056.png

cristianml_2-1660227578472.png

Hi @cristianml,

Please rollback to previous version of PBI Desktop. If you coundn't do that, please reach support engineer by support ticket for further help.

Previous monthly updates to Power BI Desktop and the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,    

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @cristianml,

Please rollback to previous version of PBI Desktop. If you coundn't do that, please reach support engineer by support ticket for further help.

Previous monthly updates to Power BI Desktop and the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,    

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

PunchBird
Helper V

I had the same issue (see here for details) - I reverted to July version but the report, which was last updated in the August version, still produced the error when published to the Service and then downloaded from the Service. So had to dig out the last backup created in the July version and had to re-update my report from there... Republished it and downloaded from the Service, problem was resolved.

xmarti

Same problem here, in my company!

The challenge in our case is that we work only with MS Store Power BI Desktop App. We're not capable to download and install July 2022 version because we've not admin privileges in our corporate computers. Therefore we must carry on working with August 2022 Power BI Desktop version that will be automatically updated to September 2022 release automatically once it's delivered. But mean while we can't refresh data in any of our reports!
Any alternative option not linked to use an older Power BI Desktop version?

Thanks in advance,

Xavier M.

jshoo

I hope this is fixed for future updates. My reports are all dead. My organization does not allow me to revert to a previous version.

data_worker

We have faced the same issue first time in two years. PBI Version: October 2021

I think this problem is not about new PBI version.

LukeJK
Regular Visitor

I too had the same problem. In my case I had a stored procedure call like this: = Sql.Database("ServerName", "DBName", [Query="EXEC DBName.schema.StoreProcedureName"]). It didn't work until I entered a step in Transform Data (in my case 'Changed Type'). Once I closed and applied the changes I got a popup asking me if I wanted to switch from 'Direct query' mode (never set before) to import mode. I confirmed and at this point it updated successfully

LukeJK_0-1687276134086.png