Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AppSource Down

Hello.  Is the AppSource down?  When I try to add a visual the "ADD" button is greyed out with a cirle/line icon.  I've signed out and

Hi @prgerber69 ,

May I know whether your still have problem on it? Where did you add the visual from? Which visual did you try to add? Will you get same issue when you add other visual? To add a visual to your report, you need sign in with your organization account firstly. And when I try to add a visual from AppSource with latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.104.702.0 64-bit, April 2022), as you can see, it is added successfully.

vcazhengmsft_0-1651023972265.png

If you still have issue on it, please try these workaround firstly and let me know whether they are applicable to you. Thanks in advance!

1 Try the latest version of Power BI Desktop: Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

2 Try to untick Power BI infrastructure update option in File> Options and Settings > Options > Preview features

3 Try to get the visual from Microsoft AppSource Website(Microsoft AppSource – destination for business apps) and then import it to your report

vcazhengmsft_1-1651023972266.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @prgerber69 ,

May I know whether your still have problem on it? Where did you add the visual from? Which visual did you try to add? Will you get same issue when you add other visual? To add a visual to your report, you need sign in with your organization account firstly. And when I try to add a visual from AppSource with latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.104.702.0 64-bit, April 2022), as you can see, it is added successfully.

vcazhengmsft_0-1651023972265.png

If you still have issue on it, please try these workaround firstly and let me know whether they are applicable to you. Thanks in advance!

1 Try the latest version of Power BI Desktop: Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

2 Try to untick Power BI infrastructure update option in File> Options and Settings > Options > Preview features

3 Try to get the visual from Microsoft AppSource Website(Microsoft AppSource – destination for business apps) and then import it to your report

vcazhengmsft_1-1651023972266.png

Best Regards,

Watsky
Solution Sage

@ v-cazheng-msft 

This is happening for me as well. Here's somethings to note. 

1. It is happening on commerical and GCC 

2. I am only having this issue when accessing via Power BI Desktop. It is working on the Power BI Service and by going to the market place through a browser. 

3. It is happening whether using the app from the Micorosoft Store or downloading via Microsoft website. There are also now a couple of threads on the community related to this. 

Re: CANT DOWNLOAD VISUALS - Microsoft Power BI Community

Re: Get more visuals - Microsoft Power BI Community

Marco_2ws

Tambien me pasa lo mismo intento descargar un recurso desde Appspource y no me permite no esta activa la opcion de obtener

ejemplo apps.JPG

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @prgerber69 @Marco_2ws @Watsky ,

Please try those workarounds.

1 Sign out and resign in with your work or school account

2 Try the latest version of Power BI Desktop: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494

3 Try to untick Power BI infrastructure update option in File> Options and Settings > Options > Preview features

4 Try to get the visual from Microsoft AppSource Website(https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-US/home ) and then import it to your report

5 Temporarily use an older version that won’t have such issue: Previous monthly updates to Power BI Desktop and the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,

jamesdales
MVP

This is also happening for me on multiple tenants and releases of Power BI Desktop.

Signing out and back in again has no effect. 

Thanks

James | Microsoft MVP

prgerber69
Advocate I

Hello Microsoft.  I have tried all of your options on both of my laptops.  I still have the same issue.  I am now downloading visuals from the source that I use which I'd rather not do.  Please fix.

jkremling
Regular Visitor

I have the same problem. I've tried written advice, but it still doesn't work for me and my colleagues.

SBAV01
Frequent Visitor

Same issue as many other.

It seems to work for me in the Browser so to get around it temporarily while making a report in the desktop app I published it, opened it in the browser, started editing, added my desired visual, downloaded, then opened again in Desktop with the visual now added.

katdav
Regular Visitor

Hi i'm experiencing the same issue in desktop

KristianA
Advocate II

We got dozens of users all experiencing the same issue.