Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

App url redicting to app.powerbi.com

App url, which is generated by Power BI after the app is published, is redirecting to app.powerbi.com for some select users. 

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@mahimabedi,

Do you publish an app in Power BI Service and send the users the app url? If so, do the users have permission on the published app?

I make a test on my side, when the user open the app URL(

https://app.powerbi.com/Redirect?action=OpenApp&appId=86acf042-9d08-4053-8de6-ad57ceb67bf0&ctid=cd0b...

) in web browser, she will get the error message below.
Capture.PNG

In your scenario, could you please use fiddler trace to capture the process and share fiddler trace log here?

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

AJTindall73
Advocate I

Hi,

I have the same issue, however according the the Power BI Service pages the filtering doesnt work properly with other browser versions (Chrome, FireFox, etc.). If you use Internet Explorer it works perfectly (and it does).

Let's face it we all have our favourite browser we like to use. I use FireFox; if I click the back button when it goes to app.powerbi.com it takes me to the page I want to show. However I dont expect my organisation's staff to know to do this.

Any update on this would be great.