Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

App not updating

Hi!

My app will not update. Here's the code:

Something went wrong
Failed to publish app.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity ID: 4e853849-3ecb-4468-b72d-b50a3c2a9674
Request ID: bd57e239-6bac-4f65-e8fd-d781c3dd155f
Correlation ID: bb2b9435-ddc5-9fcb-02fb-bb6afe0123ea
Time: Thu Sep 13 2018 13:28:31 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Version: 13.0.6617.130
Cluster URI: https://wabi-us-east2-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Any idea? I deleted one dashboard and created two others, and now I can't update. I also have at least one person in my organization who isn't seeing my app as being available at all, even though I set access to my whole organization.

Thanks!

Betsy

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Betsy,

1. Regarding the app can't be updated, I have sent a email to consult this issue internally, will update here once I get any information. 

2. Regarding the issue that some users can't find the published app, I would suggest you contact your Power BI admin, check if he/she set the group exception. 

q5.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Betsy,

For the first issue, it's reported internally: CRI 84028112. I will track this issue and update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

pcgeekus
Helper I

Was the Shared Workspace created the new way or the old way? You might try to Unpublish the App and Republish. Be sure to verify it doesn't remove any access rights you had set.

Betsy
Helper IV

It was created the old way. I went ahead and unpublished and replaced with a new published version.

pcgeekus
Helper I

Sorry I wasn't clear. I meant to Unpublish, add/modify content, then re-publish.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

Please run the following mitigation steps:

Mitigation:
1. Please ask the customer to go through the included dashboards, and exclude the dashboards that contains a pinned live tile from report sections, by toggle off the dashboard from the dashboard content list.
2. Then update the app to make sure the app update succeeded.
3. If the update succeeded, please ask the customer to include the dashboards that has been toggled off again.
4. Then they should be able to update the app successfully.

We are rolling out a fix for this issue, and it should be out in two weeks(ETA Sep 28th).

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

The current ETA is by Sep 28th.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu