Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

App Workspace Not Loading

Hi - we've recently started distributing all of our reports via the App Workspace. 

The app is being shared with a group of users via an Azure Security Group and we've selected "Install This App Automatically". 

Unfortunately when the users go to access the APP either via the Link or through the PBI Service it gets stuck on "Building Your App"

Is this a known issue or has anyone experienced a similar type of issue ?

Comments
amoreira1
Advocate I

Here is a screenshot of what we're seeing. 

PBI-BuildingYourApp.PNG

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@amoreira1 

It seems to be a temporary issue. You may keep an eye on the Awareness.

alxavi
Employee

I am seeing the same issue with my published reports. It only seems to be happening in my reports that have marketplace visuals.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same Issue over here.

As an Admin I can open without any problem, but my business users seem to be stuck on this page quite often. (not every time)

dmcmurrick

We are having the same issue with our business users accessing the app.  We also have it selected "Install This App Automatically". Not everyone, but about half the users in our trainings.

abehrmann
Helper II

i too am having this issue, i started by installing automatically. 

Then i added the viewers to the workspace and had them download the app. 

No luck

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did anything ever come about this issue?  I'm experiencing this, as well as other users here.  For us, the app just never loads (and looks like you never clicked on it), but if you click on Edit, then I did get to the "Building Your Report" loading page.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here. Internal users have no issue open the app. External users do. Please check what is going on.

amoreira1
Advocate I

@Anonymous  & @Anonymous  - I was able to resolve this, yes. 

In order to make this work , go to the workspace where the primary dataset was published. Go to dataset, select options and then Manage Permissions. Enter all of the necessary user emails or security groups & save. 

Once you do this the app workspaces where you copied reports to should work without issue. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Alex 

Atlsql
Frequent Visitor

My users were experiencing this as well.  Instead of going through the App link in their "Home", if they clicked on Apps on the left side menu, and navigated to the App through that menu, it appears to load 100% of the time for them. 

Not sure why this is helping - but certainly caused some angst in my organization.