Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Analyze in Excel / CubeValue not working

Starting yesterday, none of my Excel reports that I setup using CubeValue formulas are able to refresh.  Occasionally some of the cells will return values, but most of the time all of the cells just [eventually] come back with a #N/A error.  I have some Pivot Tables in the same reports using the same ODC connection and those refresh/update without any issues, it is just the CubeValue formulas that are impacted.  If I edit the formula in an individual cell (i.e. start adding a new filter variable), it reads the data model without issue (suggesting fields to complete what I am typing), and most of the time after editing that individual cell will return an actual value.  Same thing happens if I create a second ODC connection (to the same model) - if I repoint an individual cell to the new ODC connection, I get a value.  However if I try to do a find/replace on the Worksheet with the new ODC Connection, the same issue occurs - long amount of spinning with no values being returned.

Since it's clearly not a connection issue, I'm not even sure where to start troubleshooting?  I found a short thread in the Community forum referencing the same issue from a couple of other users, but no resolution.  It appears to be random and intermittent based on what the other users have written.

Community Thread:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Analyze-In-Excel-N-A-Values/idi-p/187339

Comments
Stharwani
Advocate I

@Martin_Bruwer installing an older version of the Publisher fixed it for me.

Thanks

Sonali