Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Analyze In Excel - #N/A Values

Analyze In Excel has been unreliable yesterday and today. In workbooks regularly used each week without issue, many cube values now produce #N/A's, yet return values when changing seemingly unrelated cells, or CUBEMEMBER references, with no discernable rhyme or reason. Many business users across our organization are affected.

When changing the thin workbook connection to a local version of the published PBIX file, all functions return values as normal. I know some changes were made yesterday, June 1. Could any changes have affected thin workbook connections?

Please help as connected workbooks are widely used across our organization--the most common way our business users consume Power BI data daily. Thank you.

Comments
mikegunns
Helper I

In some cases, a fully functional Pivot table connected to Power BI, when converted to formulas, even returns #N/As.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mikegunns,

Would you please test again in your environment? I'm not able to reproduce the issue now.

If issue persists, would you please tell us which data source used in the dataset? Also please share the screenshot in Excel after use Analyze in Excel feature.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

mikegunns
Helper I

Hi Quiyun,

Thanks for taking a look. We are still having the issue today. The data sources used in our dataset are an Excel file on Sharepoint, and Salesforce.

It is difficult to explain how you might reproduce the issue because it is so unpredictable. For example where all the CUBEVALUE functions shown in the screenshot produce #N/A, changing or deleting one of cells may all of a sudden cause the other cells to work and correctly return values. When trying to rebuild the same spreadsheet in a brand new workbook with a new .odc file (we have tried several times with several of our workbooks), we can only get so far with all cube functions working, then it seems to hit a "critical mass" when we add just one more CUBEVALUE function, and at that point all or most of the previously working functions then fail.

Error.PNG

mikegunns
Helper I

I have also uploaded the same dataset to a different workspace and tried changing the connection string for one of the problem workbooks to the new .odc, to no avail. Still getting the #N/As. Again, if connected to the local .pbix, all the cube values populate correctly.

mikegunns
Helper I

Please help.

mikegunns
Helper I

Please help. We provided additional info 3.5 weeks ago.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mikegunns,

As this issue is unpredictable, I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineer look into your real environment to find the cause.

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

jat75
Advocate II

Hello, we are experiencing the same issue as well. It is affecting our corporate reporting.

Is there any resolution for this???

Thanks.