Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Analytics: Y-Axis Constant Line bug

This happens when I add Analytics: Y-Axis Constant Line to the stacked column chart using a measure for Value field, but I assume it's relevant to other chart types.

The visual displays 0% line on the bottom of the column despite the measure used for the Value field returns BLANK(). Also having Y-Axis Start greater than 0% doesn't fix the problem. It still shows the 0% line on the bottom of the column, even when axis Y starts from much bigger value (e.g. 75%).

avatorl_0-1638897516194.png

Seems like could find this issue in Power BI Desktop.

If firstly create a constant line in the visual with the blank value measure, the line would not show in the visual;

if create the constant line again in the visual with the blank value measure, it would show the 0 value line.

Have submited this issue internal to confirm(ICM: 277149378), would update here as soon as possible if there is any progress about this issue.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test. If Y-axis starts greater than 0 and use blank() measure to set constant line value, the Y-axis should back to 0%.

vyingjl_0-1638942875818.pngvyingjl_1-1638942886971.png

Perhaps you can update to the latest version of Power BI Desktop to check it again. If it still has the same issue, you can consider sharing the steps to reproduce this issue or a simple sample file which could reproduce it for further.

Best Regards,

avatorl
Impactful Individual

Thanks for the answer. I'm not sure what happens with Axis Y on your side, but I think you actually reproduced the problem.

Ignore the Axis Y. It's not critical to reproduce the porblem.

Normal behaviour (I tried line chart visual and it works correctly): if a measure used for Value returns BLANK() then there is no line on the graph. It's correct, BLANK() is not 0%. BLANK() means no data, no line.

Bug (stacked column chart): if a measure used for Value returns BLANK() then there is 0% line on the graph.

P.S. I'm using the latest version of the Power BI Desktop.

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Seems like could find this issue in Power BI Desktop.

If firstly create a constant line in the visual with the blank value measure, the line would not show in the visual;

if create the constant line again in the visual with the blank value measure, it would show the 0 value line.

Have submited this issue internal to confirm(ICM: 277149378), would update here as soon as possible if there is any progress about this issue.

Best Regards,

aquan
Frequent Visitor

Hello

Any update on the mentioned issue? (ICM: 277149378)

Is it currently being worked on/recognised as a bug?

Regards

Phil

nkpenta
Employee

Running into same issue even on line plot.

nkpenta
Employee

please refer to the temporary solution i came up with. 
Re: dynamic constant line for blank value - Microsoft Power BI Community