Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Analysis Services - Unable to import, though able to Connect Live

Hi,

I usually Import my data using SQL Analysis Services on BI Desktop. But recently when I try to Import, I get the error message: "AnalysisServices: A connection cannot be made. Ensure that the server is running". The strange thing though is that I can still connect successfully if I select Connect Live instead of Import. Therefore it doesn't seem to be a problem with my credentials.

Any suggestions? What could be the difference between Importing (unsuccessful connection) and Connecting Live (successful connection)?

Thanks in advance

Hi @LostintheBIu ,

"AnalysisServices: A connection cannot be made to redirector. Ensure that 'SQL Browser' service is running."

Its's realted to SSAS database server.  the issue was caused by the Browser Service account was changed to the domain account. Please try to change the service account to Local System and check if this issue persists or not.

You can refer to the original post here .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @LostintheBIu ,

"AnalysisServices: A connection cannot be made to redirector. Ensure that 'SQL Browser' service is running."

Its's realted to SSAS database server.  the issue was caused by the Browser Service account was changed to the domain account. Please try to change the service account to Local System and check if this issue persists or not.

You can refer to the original post here .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn