Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

An error occurred while loading the model. Verify that the connection information is correct

I'm trying the new composite model feature released in the Dec 2020 update but keep getting "An error occurred while loading the model. Verify that the connection information is correct and that you have permissions to access the data source." error. I'm live connected to a PBI dataset and I'm trying to add connection to another dataset. Both datasets are in a Premium capacity node and are being fed data from an on-prem SQL server via a data gateway. Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thanks!

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@ab14 

The latest version (2.88.1385.0) works fine for me. You may try to recreate the report.

ab14
Advocate I

Hi,

I'm on the latest version too 2.88.1144.0 which I downloaded yesterday but still facing the same issue. 

ab14_0-1611291030558.png

mikebender27
Regular Visitor

We are having the same problem across our entire tenant. When I am connected live I have full access to the dataset in Power BI but as soon as I click on the "Make changes to this model" button and attempt to convert to Direct Query, I get this same error message. I am owner on this workspace and tenant admin on the premium node so I don't think it is really a premission issue.

baumthom
Regular Visitor

Hello!

I've the same issue - I've installed the latest version (2.92.706.0)!

Thanks for your help!

LC-rfc

Hello,

I am also facing the same issue. Has anyone managed to resolve so far?

mikebender27
Regular Visitor

I believed we resolved  this problem with a Power BI tenant setting change.  The tenant must be setup to "Allow Live connections" for the person or group that is attempting to convert the data model to a composite model.

brsomartins

I solved this issue by running "sfc /scannow" from Windows Command Prompt. It seems there were some corrupt files on my OS.

GoncaloAAlves
Regular Visitor

I solved this issue by disconnecting from the VPN.