Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

An error has occurred unable to upload or render reports built using Power BI Desktop

After replacing an expired cert I get error "An error has occurred. Something went wrong. Please try again later." for any report created using Power BI desktop.  Reports created using Report Builder works fine.  When I try to uploaded a new report I get the error "There was an error uploading your .pbix file. Verify that the file has not been corrupted and that the file extension matches the format of the file."  I'm using the same version desktop and server and performed an upgrade to the latest version.

Hi @AbeAMP22 

Did you try it in other computer with your account ? If the upload through Desktop fails, can you obtain the pbix file through get data in Service ? If it is successful through Service, there is no problem with the pbix file, and you may need to uninstall and reinstall the previous Desktop.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Comments
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @AbeAMP22 

Did you try it in other computer with your account ? If the upload through Desktop fails, can you obtain the pbix file through get data in Service ? If it is successful through Service, there is no problem with the pbix file, and you may need to uninstall and reinstall the previous Desktop.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason