Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Allow Dynamic Values in Text Boxes to work on PBIX files with RLS & OLS

Hi,

I am experiencing that the option to add a dynamic value to a text box with the +Value button does not work for me in a PowerBI report which has row level security.  It works fine in cases where the dataset does not have row level security.

emmur_0-1638782517515.png

Can you please look into this?  I found another comment in the community referring to this problem.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Dynamic-values-in-text-box/m-p/1949186#M740954 (Comment from RMB)

Could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test, seems that there are not any limitations about RLS when using text box to add dynamic values in Power BI.

Have you set static or dynamic RLS for the report, and the lanuage settings for Q&A?

In addition, you can try to update Power BI Desktop to the latest version to check it.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test, seems that there are not any limitations about RLS when using text box to add dynamic values in Power BI.

Have you set static or dynamic RLS for the report, and the lanuage settings for Q&A?

In addition, you can try to update Power BI Desktop to the latest version to check it.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thanks for your quick response.  It is dynamic RLS.

And I have the latest version of Power BI desktop.

Q&A is not something that I use - can you advise what I should do regarding the lanaguage settings?

Best regards,

Emma

andreaalvarez
Regular Visitor

Hello,

@v-yingjl 

I'm experiencing the same issue. I'm sure dynamic values were working with the current version, but now I'm getting the following message when I try to include dynamic values in text boxes:
Adding dynamic values isn't supported in this application
I'm also using dynamic RLS in the report.
I tested it with a different report and dynamic values worked.

Thanks!
Andrea