Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

All Users can't see content in Premium APP report in (modern) SharePoint page

We just got premium capacity and I created an app with a report added to it, using the premium settings AND gave app access to the entire organization.

Then I used the "embed in sharepoint" option as we want to share the report across the organization via SharePoint.

But unless I explicitly give someone access to the REPORT AS WELL, then only see the "content is unavailable" warning on the sharepoint page.

So my question: Is there a way to give access for ALL to the report, as I can't add them as individual members or is there another setting in the app setup that I am missing?!?

I tried this with a new (preview) app and an app created from an existing office 365 PUBLIC group and neither allow viewing of the report in SharePoint.

I've read lots of articles about this and seems to come down to the access to the report, but surely there must be a way to do this for everyone?

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

The user needs to be a member of the Power BI workspace then he/she can view the embedded report in SharePoint page. You can add these users as members of the app workspace follow: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-create-workspaces#create-an-app-workspace-based-on-an-office-365-group

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, understood.

But I need to give access to the entire organization how do I do that as I cannot add a group with everyone in it or add all users individually?

Anonymous
Not applicable

And to confirm I did also create a PUBLIC workspace, but then I still have to add someone as a MEMBER to the report directly or they cannot see it. And this is not feasible for the whole organization, so I feel like I am missing a piece as this must be a common use case?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Actually, from this article, besides add users as members of the workspace, we can also share dashboard with users. But based on my test, the “The content isn’t available” displays when users view embedded report in SharePoint page though they have permission via share dashboard feature. I have reported this issue internally: CRI 83664681. Will update here once I get any information. 

If the Power BI report resides on the public group workspace, users need to join the group as members then they can see the report (workspace content) or via share report/dashboard feature. 

So currently the available method is add users as workspace members. But we can only add individuals as members instead of groups. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, glad I am understanding it correctly. But really do need a solution for this so please advise once you hear back from the internal teams?

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any update to this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft is there any update on this? We need this feature to work as this is the only way (maybe) to have RLS work with Power BI Embedded and we need it urgently.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

PG team already created a bug to track this issue. I already consulted if there is any update, will back here once I get response. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

I got information below: 

It is a known issue but we have workaround-

1. Share the required report also with the report owner.
  2. Go to “Shared with me” and open the required report.
  3. Go to the File menu and copy the link to the SP page from “Embed in SharePoint Online”

From here continue with the original steps.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu