Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

All Text Size & Color On Published Reports is Changed

Overnight, and through no manual intervention, all of my published reports now have grey font instead of black, and the size of the font in some cases is significantly smaller. Again, I did nothing to these reports, and nobody else has access. The only thing that is happening is a scheduled refresh every morning. I am completely befuddled as to how these formatting changes happened by themselves and it is alarming. Please investigate. 

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Do these problematic reports use custom theme? If it is, please share .json file with us. 

Please download report and open it in Power BI desktop, check if the same issue occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qiuyun,

Thanks for the response. I don't use a custom theme, it is the default theme and color scheme. The only thing I change is the font color (default grey to black) and increase the text size of the data label. 

I realized the only places it happened were on the card visualization, but it did permeate across all my published reports. The fix was to re-publish each report from Power BI Desktop, as the saved Power BI desktop file had not changed.

It did not happen again today, so for now it is ok and I will be on the lookout for it in the future.

However, any investigation the team can do on the issue would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Josh

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qiuyun,

Again, overnight, it appears some settings were lost on my published reports.

On my tables, I always have Word Wrap for column headers turned 'Off' and then I resize the columns myself. This morning, a user pointed out that the column headers were sized incorrectly, and upon investigation I realized both of the previously mentioned settings had been lost on the table. 

Please, if you can investigate any reason as to why settings are being lost on published dashboards, I would be grateful. 

Thanks,

Josh 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I guess the issue might be related to your Power BI service. Please create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I Have a similar issue that overnight also all my apps have reformatted the std Cards and the font sizes no longer fits into the card space. Something has changed in the service that changed the title area and displaces the item size.

we are not using custom formatting and the card visual is the standard PBI desktop visual. Why do these changes just take place without proper impact testing?

Anonymous
Not applicable

First image is what it is and used to be in both desktop and published service App

second is what is now being displayed without and achanges from us.

embers00_0-1631842626096.pngembers00_1-1631842657232.png

Why is this suddenly now happenning?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having a similar text issue.  It works fine in the desktop report and POWER BI on a desktop service but changes the font size once a dashboard is opened on my cell phone and drops the text so only the number is displayed.

P.S.  I simulated what is happening on my phone below.   The font size grows larger for the numbers, and the text under the numbers disappears on my phone.

Visualization on Desktop and Service.JPG

Visualization on Cell Phone_drops text.JPG