Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Alerts each 24 hours do not work as expected

My dataset is scheduled to refresh once a day at 9:30, and we have configured alerts on dashboards to be sent only once every 24 hours. The time to refresh the dataset varies a lot, so one day it may finishes at 9:50 and on the next day at 9:45. In this case we do not receive email alerts on the second day, as it refreshed before to complete 24h, which is completely unexpected!

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Rodrigo_Carvalh,

As you you see here

When you configure a time for scheduled refresh, there can be a delay of up to one hour before it begins.

If you create a alert for the dashboard, Power BI checks to see if it's been more than an hour or more than 24 hours (depending on the option you selected) since the last alert was sent. As long as the data is past the threshold, you'll get an alert. See: Receiving alerts.

In your scenario, please double check if the data hits the threshold after data refreshed. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Rodrigo_Carvalh
Advocate II

Yes, I configured my user so that it should receive alerts everyday, but sometimes it just does not happen, because the last aler was sent only 23 hours and 45 minutes before, which is bellow the 24 hours, and this is caused by the variation on the refresh time.

I am configuring the users to set alerts every hour, which makes then receive double alerts when I update the dataset for maintanance.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Rodrigo_Carvalh,

Please create a support ticket to get dedicated support. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

TenUser22
Regular Visitor

Is there any update to this submission? 

I have the same problem. As I understand what the functionality should be: Once selected, the alert should only send one iteration after the dataset is refreshed.

TenUser22_0-1643304558268.png

Context

• The dataset refrshed between 7:30- 7:36 AM EST.
  • I had "At most once an hour," selected.
  • Alerts were sent at 7:36 AM EST as well as 9:22 AM EST
  • The dataset had no other refresh during this timeframe