cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert email on KPI Card does not show current value or treshold but a date format

I have created a KPI Card based on available licenses per date\time. From this card I created an Alert when the value comes below 50. I have enabled sending me an email for this alert.

When the value drops below 50 an email is send and I receive it with the correct subject

But the contents of the email is not showing the correct information, not the current value and not the treshold value

Example of the email contents:

Alert for Available Licenses F1 on O365 Licenses Availability is yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss, which is below the threshold of yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.

 

Status: Needs Info
Comments
Moderator

Hi @aplasschaert,

 

I'm not able to reproduce the issue. Please go to Manage Alerts check if you set based on value actually.  Also please check if only this KPI has issue. What about email alert for other KPI or card? 

 

w2.PNG

 

w1.PNG

 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Established Member
Status changed to: Needs Info
 
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Vicky_Song,

 

THanks for your response. THis behaviour is for both alerts on this dashboard that I have created. Have not tried setting allerts on other dashboards but will try.

The "Set alerts rule for" is pre-filled and fixed when I create an alert. I check and it is set to the correct value:

powebi_alert.PNG

Frequent Visitor

Just created a new report, dashboard and alert on the same dataset. 

It still has the same behaviour. it does not only show in the email but also in the PowerBi service alerts:

Test - Power BI

Alert for Available Licenses F1 TEST39 minutes ago
Alert for Available Licenses F1 TEST on Test is yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss, which is below the threshold of yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Vicky_Song,

 

I have also tested this with a Card instead of a KPI. Than it works correctly.

So I only have the issue with a KPI. I need the KPI because we want to show the users the current value and the changes over time of this specific value.

 

THis is the configuration of this KPI (The table LicenseData is updated multiple times a day)

kpi_setup.PNG

Let me know if you need any extra information to troubleshoot this bug/issue