Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

After updating to June 2019 release my datasources on Sharepoint Online are failing

Hi Team,

After going June 2019 release all my data sources which are Sharepoint online lists are failing. X Items red same x Items are error. May release work great. (i have double checked credentials on June 2019)

Best regards,

Jozef

Comments
sajarac
Helper III

Hi there,

I am having the same issue with my lists in sharepoint. 

Can't load after the update.

I have two pc's one with previous built and it works fine, but with the new update here is what I get:

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG!!!!

I've spent 24 hours trying to disect this thinking it was an issue at my end.

I wish I'd google'd this yesterday.

I'm having the exact same problem and if you try and view errors it just takes FOREVER (HOURS) and still it never really finishes.

This needs escalating ASAP

In addition to this - I get the same error when opening a new desktop instance and loading data for the first time from Sharepoint.

Anonymous
Not applicable

So to fix this... I installed the previous PowerBI version as I had the old x64 installation file..

Black looks better anyway... 

Anonymous
Not applicable

not really a fix though.

I've already utilised some of the benefits of the new release so I can't go back.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're absolutely right, was mostly just having a go at the update...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Through painstaking testing I've managed to get the errors - it's in the 'versions' metadata.

snip.JPGsnip1.png

Hoping this info helps and gives us a quicker fix.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi all,

This error might be caused by the Firewall buffers nested non-scalar values (such as tables, records, lists, and functions), instead of silently converting such values to text, an error will be prompted.

To deal with it, please go to query editor, remove that column if possible. If you cannot remove the column, please add a custom column and using logic like the following:

if [MyColumn] is table then "[Table]" else if [MyColumn] is record then "[Record]" else if [MyColumn] is list then "[List]" else if [MyColumn] is function then "[Function]" else [MyColumn]

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Anonymous
Not applicable

removing or cleaning the column may well fix it - however it will take hours to do it for each table (I have about 15)

I need a more robust fix than this.

--------EDIT--------

I've tried this on a new fresh load, and removing the 'version' column does resolve the issue. 

^^^This may work for some people but on my live dashboard - it takes too long to load each table now that it's impossible for me to use this as a fix. 

--------EDIT--------

I take it back - this does not resolve it, when you try to refresh it fails again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't realise I could log tickets directly with Power Bi - but I can!!

I've raised one and should get a response by this time tomorrow - will update you when I get feedback.