Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

After the Update, cannot set the Export of a List and Matrix to default to "Summarized data"

The option setting "Export Data" for a List or Matrix visual, 

russfai_1-1632335331317.png

now shows three options:

russfai_2-1632335384831.png

You can see it defaults to the first item "Data wth currently layout".  However, we need this to default to the second item "Summaryized data".  Below you can see that the setting for this is set to summarized:

russfai_3-1632335505885.png

Cheers

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi, 

What’s the Power BI service version of yours? Because when I click on the “Export data” option in the table visual, I can see the window as usual and it didn’t update the same as your screenshot.

vrobertqmsft_0-1632381803497.png

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

russfai
Employee

Here is service version

russfai_0-1632412729756.png

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

What’s your service region, because my service version is older than yours and it hasn’t been updated.

vrobertqmsft_0-1632449174992.png

Best Regards,

russfai
Employee

I'm not sure how to find the Service Region.  Can you guide me? 

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

You can click on the “?” on the right up corner of the Power BI service

vrobertqmsft_0-1632714846306.png

Best Regards,

russfai
Employee

russfai_0-1632758346011.png

This is what I get.

Cheers

Russ

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi, 

Are you a Microsoft employee and you are using the newer version of the Power BI service that us? Because I can see the “MSIT” in your data region, and your service version is also larger than us.

Here’s my data region:

vrobertqmsft_0-1632815065677.png

Best Regards,

russfai
Employee

I am a Microsoft Employee (RUSSFAI).  I'm not sure how our service is updated.  I only use it.  I will ask around.  As far as I know it happened automatically.

Russ Fairchild

Cheers

datawizardry
Frequent Visitor

We have the same export option. I see no way to remove it. In addition, it is not an accurate description.

It states "Export this data in the same layout you see now, but without any icons, colors, or other formatting you added."

However, when you export the visual, it exports the visual in the order the columns were loaded to the visual, not the order that is shown in the visual.