Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

After installing on-prem gateway updates, it fails to start

This used to happen rarely. For the past few months it almost always happens, and I've seen it across tenants. After installing an Enterprise Gateway upgrade, the spinning ants happen after the update finishes, then after a few minutes, I get this:

edhans_0-1643244406487.png

Then I click "Retry" and within 3 seconds it starts running. Something isn't happening correctly after the install, and I have to wait 2-3 minutes for this error to happen and hit Retry.

I've seen this on stand alone gateways and gateways in a cluster.

Have you checked that try to unstall the previous version and install Decemeber release 2 version could resolve this issue?

If re-install the gateway still has the same issue, you may consider creating a ticket to provide more information about this issue for further as my previous post.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
edhans
Super User

Oh, this was after installing 3000.110.5 - the Dec 2021 update 2.

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Have submited this issue internal to confirm(ICM: 285734185), would update as soon as possible if there is any progress about it.

Currently you can try to click 'Retry' to make it work as a workaround temporarily as far as I know.

Best Regards,

v-yingjl
Community Support

Update:

PG team has confirmed that this issue is occuring after the gateway update i.e gateway is not starting but when you click on retry it is working.

Did you remeber which version of gateway you are using before you updated to December release 2 version?

Incase if user is updating the gateway version on the top of previous version then it seems like gateway configuration got corrupted in the upgrade process so users need to unistall the previous versions or current versions completely and then try installing the updated version.

Incase after following the steps incase if the same issue occurs, due to community security policy limitation, you could need to create a support ticket here to provide the event logs( windows system, windows appliation and On-prem data logs ) from the gateway machine for further help.

Best Regards,

edhans
Super User

It was the previous version - release 1. I keep these gateways up to date, so it is always either the previous version, or one before that. I don't always catch all of the intra-month updates.

Are they specifically asking for logs, or do they know enough about it to fix it?

v-yingjl
Community Support

Have you checked that try to unstall the previous version and install Decemeber release 2 version could resolve this issue?

If re-install the gateway still has the same issue, you may consider creating a ticket to provide more information about this issue for further as my previous post.

Best Regards,