Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

After free upgrade to Pro few Users get issue as upgrade to Power BI Pro

Need help on the issue which occured after moving to Pro Free Trial. this issue is not related to me as I have Pro Paid License, but few users from my Company. Please try helping here and provide a solution soon as you always do.

thank You,

Khuban Hussian

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@huskh01

Which issue do the Pro trial users have? Could you please provide some more details about it?

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

huskh01
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

the error is shown as "upgrade Your account"

power BI Issue.png

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@huskh01

Since 6/1/2017, you need a Power BI Pro license to share your dashboard, and those you share it with do, too.

Please refer to following document.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-how-should-i-share-my-dashboard/#s...

We can also use the new introduced Power BI Premium. Power BI Premium introduces expanded licensing flexibility to help organizations equip users with the appropriate level of access to the Power BI service based on their unique needs. For example, many organizations contain users who aren’t actively creating BI content, but require the ability to consume content distributed to them. Power BI Premium enables Power BI Pro users to publish reports broadly across the enterprise and beyond, without requiring recipients to be licensed per user.

Now we can also activate the Extended Pro Trial according to https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-extended-pro-trial/.

Best Regards,
Herbert

huskh01
Frequent Visitor

The user who is getting this error is already a pro user and after contacting Microsoft I came to know it is a product bug

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@huskh01

There is a known issue: CRI 39248471

When using a shared dashboard, PBI ask to the user to have a Pro license, but the user have already a Pro license (a true one)

The date of the production deployment should be 6/29/2017.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

huskh01
Frequent Visitor

@v-haibl-msftv-haibl-msft

We are still facing this issue for few users. This is hampering the work. Could you please help on this asap.

huskh01
Frequent Visitor

@Vicky_Song

We are still facing this issue for few users. This is hampering the work. Could you please help on this asap

franorio
Helper III

Also havin this issue with several users. Any help?