Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

After Office 365 password reset, can't update data credentials for Sharepoint source refresh

I reset my O365 password yesterday and now my Power BI SharePoint connection won't refresh because there is nowhere to enter the new credentials. This support article says that the credentials must be updated when getting this error message but doesn't say how. I tried the OAuth2 connection method mentioned in similar posts, but it doesn't work. Here is the error:

temp.png 

Can someone please tell me how to update my credentials in Power BI for my Office 365 SharePoint connection?

Comments
maridee1972

This was (hopefully) resolved by Microsoft Support today. In the Settings menu>Datasets tab>Data source credentials section, if you update the credentials by selecting OAuth2 from the Authentication method dropdown list, it will allow you to updated the credentials. Even if it doesn't SAY they are updated, and even if the Anonymous credentials still don't work. LOL. Then run a manual refresh to test.

temp.png

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@maridee1972

With OAuth2 authentication method, if you can sign in successfully with no error message pop up. Then the refresh should work on your side.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a similar issue but I have no OAuth2 authentication option under Authentication method. The only available are Anonymous, Windows and Basic. In Power BI desktop though, everything synchronizes perfectly fine with an organizational account (Office 365 in my case). Any ideas how to log into the Sharepoint folder to which I do have access from the Power BI service?