Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Advanced filter for dates is not working properly

Hi,

There seems to be an issue with the advanced filter option when filtering a date. When I select a date from the date picker, I can simply apply the filter as normal (see screenshot 1). However, once I type the date, or I change anything in the time-section of the filter, the time changes to 1:00, and I am unable to select a.m./p.m, and thus unable to apply the filter, with the "Apply filter" remaining greyed out (see screenshot 2). The only "fix" is to refresh the page, and use only the date part of the filter, and let Power BI automatically fill in the time-part. In Desktop, there is no problem, the same filter on the same report works as it should.

Knipsel2.PNGKnipsel1.PNG

Best,

Eva

Comments
GTS_ONE
Advocate II

Seeing the exact same behavior...  

SoniaB102
Frequent Visitor

I am also having this problem.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

This is a known issue. The fix will be reaching soon. You can try below workaround temporarily: 

Customer can collapse the filter pane and re-expand it. This will reset the advance filter card's bad state.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

sulcatarinense
Frequent Visitor

Estou com o mesmo Problema, tem prazo para correção?

SoniaB102
Frequent Visitor

@v-qiuyu-msft collapsing doesn't fix the problem for me.  I have noticed it is only Advanced filtering.  I have also noticed the date format should be dd/mm/yyyy but it reverts to mm/dd/yyyy on PowerBI online.

MattAL

I've also noticed that the first date when using "is on or after" is being truncated and the filter is acting like a "is after".

desenvvirtual

I have the same problem, the reports were normal with the perfect filters and stayed like that. Many customers complain. Do you have a position for correction.

max_31
Advocate I

I experencing the same problems.  The advanced filtering options for date doesn't work properly atm. 

I'm experencing following problems:

- the date setting are dd.mm.yyyy and the get automaticvally reversed to mm/dd/yyyy after activating the filter

- Changing the time by up/down arrow changes   dd/mm  to mm/dd

- filter corruptes and isn't applicable at all

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

Please test again, the issue should be gone now. 

@max_31 Your issue is a little different from the topic of this thread. I would suggest you post a new thread in Issues forum. It would be better if you could clarify the issue with detail information. We will reply in your new thread as soon as possible. Thanks. 

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu