Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Advanced filter, Basic filter, Top N filter missing

The "Advanced Filter", "Basic Filter", and "Top N" options are missing from Power BI Desktop.

When a visual is selected, there used be these 3 options to choose from. Now, they are missing. 

I have the Map 2019 update. I have tried the new Filter Pane under the Preview options, and the "classic" layout for the filtering. Neither filter layout contains the 3 options listed above.

Comments
v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @amback00 ,

I tested with the latest desktop version 2.69.5467.2151 64-bit (May 2019), the "Advanced Filter", "Basic Filter", and "Top N" options are available.

1.PNG

Please check if you have updated desktop to the latest one. If so, you can clear the cache (File->Options->Data load->Clear chahe ), and re-open PBIX file for a try.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for this, somewhat unrelated. I can see all the filters but the allowance of basic filtering selection use to transfer to advanced filtering allowing you to select more than 2 advanced filters at a time based on selection in basic. They act completely independantly now which is counter productive. Anyone picked up on this? We should be allowed more than 2 values in advanced filtering. It's not advanced if limited.

UPDATE: Nevermind, it must have been a cache issue, i cleared the cache as you mentioned previously and between basic and advanced filtering the values are now synced again. Thanks