Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Admin account deleted from Office 365

Hi All,

I’m currently experiencing a weird issue with my PowerBi Admin account. Essentially we had an issue with our Azure AD Sync that deleted a few live email accounts including my Admin account for PowerBI. Now this account has about 150 Dashboards associated with it, and would take a great deal of time to recreate. At this point the Dashboards are still running however I’m unable to login as the admin.

So to my question if we recreate the account with the same username, email address and password will I be able to login as usual and make changes to the admin account or will the dashboards be deleted or perhaps will they remain and not be able to be change as the accounts are actually separate?

We have also contacted 365 support throght the Admin center and they have dirrected me here, as they have little knowledge of PowerBI

Thanks in advance for your help,

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

Are you able to restore the deleted user as following screenshot in Office 365 portal?

If not, based on my test, it seems that the dashboards cannot be found there after you create a same user with same password in Office admin portal.

When I sign in to Power BI Service with the new created same user, there is no dashboard and no app workspace, just like a completely new account.

I suggest you to create a support ticket at http://support.powerbi.com (see bottom of page) to see if there is any possibility to restore the account as well as the existing dashboards.

Admin account deleted from Office 365_1.jpg 

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info