Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Adding a calculation group breaks Card Visual Conditional Values

I am trying to create a dynamic title for a card visual. 

It was working fine - I could choose a field value that is text and it took the first one as the value.

See the dynamic title "One" here

Before - formatting result.png

Here is the setup for it when i click on the formula icon for the title of the card

Before - formatting screen.png

However, the moment I add a calculation group to the model, this doesn't work anymore. 

Here is how the Title Formula screen looks after I add the calculation group

You can see it doesn't allow me to choose a field anymore. Everything is greyed out. 

After - cant choose fields for title formula anymore.png

Is this a bug in Power BI with how a calculation group gets added and alters the XML of the model? Or is it an issue with Tabular Editor? 

Even after I remove the calculation group, the model is still in a state where the dynamic title selection is broken. 

I am on the June release of Power BI. 
I am using Tabular editor 2.16.6.

Please assist. 

Hi @DGermishuizen 

I tried to restore your scene, but failed. Can you provide your pbix file(remove sensitive info) ? 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @DGermishuizen 

I tried to restore your scene, but failed. Can you provide your pbix file(remove sensitive info) ? 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

DGermishuizen

@v-yetao1-msft how do i attach a file to the post or to a comment ? When i drag a file into the message body it states the .pbix file type is not supported. .zip file type neither. 

**EDIT**

I have added the pre-calculation group file and the post-calculation group file to this dropbox folder. 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c57rry26j1ym9ff/AADP3XVNu5SqHLA6vkO0XtSva?dl=0