Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Add error bars to PBI Service

The new error bar functionality is not available in PBI service. I can create a chart with error bars in Desktop and publish it, and it displays OK, but when I go to the area where error bars are defined these do not appear in the service. So, I cannot alter what I use for the upper and lower bounds. Obviously also, I cannot build a new chart in service that can use error bars. Is this by design, an oversight, or am I missing a vital setting in Service that would enable error bars?

Update from PG team:

Preview features can never be edited on the Service.  Once a preview feature reaches general availability (GA), then the editing surface is enabled on the Service.

For now, users need to use Desktop to edit Error bar settings and re-publish the report to see the changes on the Service

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Have submited this issue internal to confirm(ICM: 318770008), would update here as soon as possible if there is any progress about it.

Best Regards,

ChrisPalmerNZ
Frequent Visitor

Thank-you. Could this possibly be related to the error bars still being in Preview? Will it make its way to the online version once it is fully implemented. If so, do you have an ETA for that?

Kind Regards

Chris

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

It may related to the preview feature in this issue but this reason and ETA about it needs the PG team to confirm it.

This feature should be in Power BI Service once it will be public or fixed.

Best Regards,

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Update from PG team:

Preview features can never be edited on the Service.  Once a preview feature reaches general availability (GA), then the editing surface is enabled on the Service.

For now, users need to use Desktop to edit Error bar settings and re-publish the report to see the changes on the Service

Best Regards,

ChrisPalmerNZ
Frequent Visitor

Thank-you for confirming this. Are the team able to estimate when error bars will be generally available?

Chris