Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Accountkey limited to 200 characters in the new interface of the Data Gateway

This week the new interface for the Data Gateway is introduced.

When adding a new data source with Key verification, we get an error that the accountkey is limited to 200 characters. Previously this limit was not there. Is this a bug in the new interface?

2022-05-12_11-52-41.png

Hi @Arie 

I see you have got the solution. By going back to the old interface, there is no limit to the number of characters in the character. I will update the status of the issue to "Delivered" so that users with the same question can find the answer.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
Arie
Advocate IV

I got a response from Microsoft that this is listed as an issue.

With the query parameter ?newManageGatewaysUI=false you can go back to the old interface where the 200 character limit doesn't exist.

thomasbibin
Regular Visitor

It's a bug. MS is on it

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Arie 

So the current solution is to go back to the old interface ? So does Microsoft say when this issue will be resolved ? If there is any news, can you come back and let everyone know ?

Best Regards,

Kraggle
Frequent Visitor

We are also affected by this - I almost thought I'm crazy beacuse I was pretty sure it worked during our evaluation phase 😁 

Thanks @Arie for sharing the workaround - important to note is:

The workaround does work:

Go to Dataset > Settings > Gateway connection > Select Drop-Down "Manually add to Gateways"  from "Maps To:" 

Then a new DataSource will be added to the Gateways and you can add the Service Account with it's key file without being blocked by a 200 Character Limit.

*edit*

Going to "Manage Gateways" and adding the URL Parameter ?newManageGatewaysUI=false  WILL NOT JUST WORK, because there is no "Add new DataSource"-Button 

There is a Add new DataSource Button, above "Gateways Clusters"

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @Arie 

I see you have got the solution. By going back to the old interface, there is no limit to the number of characters in the character. I will update the status of the issue to "Delivered" so that users with the same question can find the answer.

Best Regards,

Kraggle
Frequent Visitor

Hey @v-yetao1-msft 

when I remember the last time correctly, it is also fixed in the new interface - workaround shouldn't be necessary anymore

Arie
Advocate IV

It is also fixed in the new interface now, so the workaround is no longer necessary any more.