Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Accessibility - Show Data - Keyboard Shortcut

When using a keyboard to navigate a public Power BI dashbaord, users can use the action "Alt + Shift + F11" to "Show Data" to see the underlying data in a table format. This table cannot be formatted and sometimes is not readable which causes ADA compliance issues. 

For example, in my current public dashboard I use a navy blue background on a visual. When I click "Alt +Shift + F11" the visual opens in focus mode and displays the data in a table format below it and the data cannot be read:

jamie5_0-1660245133135.png

When users right-click on the visual and select "Show as a table" the table displays in a readable format (see image below). This functionality should be the same for users using the keyboard navigation shortcut "Alt + Shift +F11".

jamie5_1-1660245357992.png

Seems like could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test.

When I used the keyboard shortcut, the table shows the corresponding data for the visual.

Have you used the latest version of Power BI Desktop(Aug 2022) which have faced with this issue or the previous version of Power BI Desktop

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Seems like could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test.

When I used the keyboard shortcut, the table shows the corresponding data for the visual.

Have you used the latest version of Power BI Desktop(Aug 2022) which have faced with this issue or the previous version of Power BI Desktop

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

jamie5
Frequent Visitor

@v-yingjlI was using May 2022. I downloaded August 2022 and still have the same issue. 

My visuals have a dark background. When I press Alt + Shift + F11, the background color formatting extends to the table in the "Show Data" view. I am not able to change the table properties to make it readable. 

Screen recording uploaded to YouTube:

The screen recording shows the issue I am experiencing. First, I use the mouse show the data in "County of Origin" visual as a data table. The table is readable. Next, I use the keyboard shortcut Alt + Shift + F11 and the table is not readable. Then I make the visual background 100% transparent and use the keyboard shortcut again and this time the table is readable. I do this last step to show that the background color formatting is carrying over in the table. 

The keyboard shortcut should act the same as when using the mouse.