Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Access Key authentication for AzureDataLakeStorage not available from within dataflow

Hi, 

I only have access key authentication to a Azure Data Lake Storage 

from within the dataflow I can only use OAuth2 authentication

If I somehow get someone to create it with  OAuth2 authentication it can be later changed to Access Key  form dataflow settings page, but it's not available from inside the dataflow interface, so I cannot create such a dataflow from scratch (i get an error when I try to save)

looks like a bug to me, can it be solved? 

Hi @Anonymous ,

We get reply from product team said this is not an issue but as per design. As of now we do have only Organizational Account authentication for ADLS gen2 as data source in dataflow. Power BI Ideas is where the product group collected user needs and optimizes product designs based on ideas with higher votes.

You may consider submitting this idea and vote for great ideas in Power BI Ideas to help us improve this product. Thanks in advance!

Link of Power BI Ideas: https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @Anonymous ,

Have reported this issue internally(ICM ). I’ll confirm with product group to see whether Key authentication method is supported for Azure Data Lake Storage data source from within dataflow. Will sync here once there is any update.

Thanks for your understanding!

Best Regards,

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @Anonymous ,

We get reply from product team said this is not an issue but as per design. As of now we do have only Organizational Account authentication for ADLS gen2 as data source in dataflow. Power BI Ideas is where the product group collected user needs and optimizes product designs based on ideas with higher votes.

You may consider submitting this idea and vote for great ideas in Power BI Ideas to help us improve this product. Thanks in advance!

Link of Power BI Ideas: https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

Best Regards,