Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ability to switch back to the old App experience (non-Multiple Audiences) and individual workspaces

I upgraded a workspace today to check out the new Multiple Audience experience.  This impacted EVERY workspace/app in my organization and there is no way to switch back!   Unfortunately, I see there are a lot of open bugs with this experience that may cause serious issues for app publishers within my tenant!

Can you please provide ability to switch back the organization away from the Preview?

Can you provide ability to switch back individual workspaces?

Hi @SMHolck @mixieho ,

I will check with the internal team. Once I get a reply, will sync you here. Thanks for your understanding!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
mixieho

@SMHolck wrote:

I upgraded a workspace today to check out the new Multiple Audience experience.  This impacted EVERY workspace/app in my organization and there is no way to switch back!   Unfortunately, I see there are a lot of open bugs with this experience that may cause serious issues for app publishers within my tenant!

Can you please provide ability to switch back the organization away from the Preview?

Can you provide ability to switch back individual workspaces?

Hi there, I am having the EXACT issues! I have tried to research how to revert back to the old format and nothing at all and not even any microsoft support. Not sure what to do as now my App is blank and the business crucially needs this!!

I second @SMHolck to please allow us to the old APP view Microsoft!

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @SMHolck @mixieho ,

I will check with the internal team. Once I get a reply, will sync you here. Thanks for your understanding!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

rsa21
Frequent Visitor

Hi this is the same issue as https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Trying-to-update-Power-BI-App-with-the-new-experience/idi-p/... and urgently needs a fix thanks Richard

kmes912
Helper I

Definitely want to switch back with all of the bugs we are experiencing (basic ability to add new reports is not working)

Lethabo5
Frequent Visitor

I'm also having the same issue since last week. Please urgently assist.

NikkiW

Same issue, cannot update any workspace reports to the APP in order for stakeholders to review

jlopezmolinero
Regular Visitor

@millcrafttp I have the issue that when I unhide the report, I can not update the app because raise an error. I think that it is what it's happening.

khalild01
Regular Visitor

same issue here, this is a big problem

SMHolck
Advocate IV

UPDATE: 

After much testing, I am glad to report that this does not impact every workspace in the tenant, only every workspace in the tenant that I am an administrator of (47) and for which no app was currently published. 

At least one other person in my tenant has clicked this option and is now impacted (had 2nd largest number of workspaces in the tenant). And there is nothing to stop others from doing this.  Would still like to be able to turn it off until known issues are resolved.

AG_0001
Frequent Visitor

Is there any update on how to switch back to old workspaces? We have multiple reports accessible only through hyperlinks which were hidden from the nagivation. With the new app experience users cant get to the hidden reports and gives error saying ' Sorry We couldnt find that report'.