Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

API data refresh

Hello there,

I have set up a "Flow" using the App to pick data from  Microsoft Forms and live stream it to PowerBI. 

Power BI has not streamed the old data from Forms: If a new survey is submitted the data is picked up, but the old survey results are not complete.

I thought that setting API connection will enable live streaming of data, not sure how to refresh the dataset to pull all the historical survey data?

Thank you in advance for the help and guidance

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Do you create a push dataset or streaming dataset in Power BI? 

If it's a streaming dataset, Power BI only stores the data into a temporary cache, which quickly expires. There is no underlying database, so we cannot build report visuals using the data that flows in from the stream. For more information, see: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-real-time-streaming#streaming-dataset

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response. Yes, it is live Streaming from "Forms", and Power BI picks up all the new submitted survey answers, but it is still missing some answers from previous submitted surveys.

Hope this makes sense now and provides a bit more insight?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Is there a option Historic data analysis available for the dataset? If not, it should be streaming dataset, we are not able to see it's historical data. Please go through the article I shared in my previous post again. 

q5.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu