Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

5 instances of cfsharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe running at startup. Is this normal?

Power BI has been running real slow the last couple of days, so I took a loot and noticed that there are 5 iterations of cfsharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe running as soon as I start Power BI.  I rebooted my computer and no other apps are running.  Also, all 5 start before I even open a .pbix file, so there shouldn't be any issue with certain visualizations or data refreshes.  Combined these processes are using 300 MB of RAM on their own, in addition to the 300 MB of RAM for the PBIX process.  Is this normal?

Thanks,

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Would you please clarify "Power BI has been running real slow"? Does the Power BI desktop start slow, visuals render slow, or any operation causes not responding? 

Based on my test, when I start the Power BI desktop, there are 5 Cefsharp.BrowserSubprocess processes and it caused almost 239M memory. It should be normal. 

q5.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, it is my entire pc that has started running slow, and I'm trying to find the culprit.  It takes a while to react to any click or change programs or respond in general.  If this number of processes and memory load is normal for Power BI, I need to look elsewhere for a culprit.

Thanks,

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Please check is there any changes made in your computer. You can check minimum requirements to run Power BI desktop: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-get-the-desktop#minimum-requirements

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu