Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

1,000,000 row limit for visuals

Hi, I'm running into an issue in which I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.  I am working with 2 tables - a customer table, with 38 million rows and a sales table with 18 million rows.  I've connected the tables in my data model, but every time I try to create a visual, or a DAX measure, I running into this limit.  All my research has found people saying "just add a filter to reduce the rows to below 1million" - but I'm wanting to view data for more than 1 million rows - I'm wanting to view all the data.  For example, a simple line chart, by month, that shows number of customers who have purchased in that month - I don't want to show a subset of customers, I want to show every customer who has purchased, for each month - which would well exceed 1,000,000. 

How do others handle large data sets where you are connecting tables via customer key to avoid this error?  Should I be creating aggregate tables?  I"m currently connected to my data through Snowflake, using direct query. 

Thanks for any suggestions. 

jaydee30312_0-1608040633037.png

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi  @jaydee30312 

This is a known limitation for directquery in power bi for now.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-directquery-about#other-implications

you may need to use slicer or filter to filter the data in the report or try to use import instead of directquery.

Regards,

Lin