Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Shem
Frequent Visitor

scheduled refresh in online portal

Hi, I have set up a scheduled refresh for Power BI in the online portal. However, the dataset that is refreshing at 8.30 am today on the 27th of July is displaying a different day on my report even though the report is updating.

Scheduled dataset refresh screenshot:

PBI2.PNG

What my report is saying:

PBI.PNG

The report displays perfectly the day that I create the scheduled refresh. By this, I mean that everytime a scheduled refresh is run the report updates. However, any day after scheduled refresh is planned the errors start to occur.

Any idea's on why this may be happening?

Thanks in advance,

Shem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Shem,

Please check if the method in the blog below solves your issue.

http://radacad.com/solving-dax-time-zone-issue-in-power-bi

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
luxpbi
Helper V
Helper V

Hi Shem,

Can you please share the DAX formula of Last refresh of your Power BI desktop report?

Thank you.

Shem
Frequent Visitor

I have completed some digging, and I actually believe that the error I am having is due to the UTC time that is in Power BI service, whereas my desktop is set to New Zeland time.  I am able to create a NZ time table, however, I do not know how to query that column and compare it to data that I  have in other tables. I.e i am looking to query the next working day from NZ time and not UTC time. 

I may have to delete this post and ask in another forum.

Thanks Shem 

@Shem,

Please check if the method in the blog below solves your issue.

http://radacad.com/solving-dax-time-zone-issue-in-power-bi

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yes, i have managed to look at this article and obtain a table for NZ time. Thanks!

However, I now face another problem. I am trying to reference this date to create a column in a table where Today = the current NZ time. Tomorrow = Current NZ time + 1. Yesterday = Current NZ time - 1 etc. etc.

What i am trying to achieve is a dashboard that references today and tomorrow. So we can see the companies performance for yesterday as well as how we are planning for tomorrow.

The formula that did not work online when we run our SQL query was:

Up to next work day =
IF (
FORMAT ( TODAY (), "DDDD" ) <> "Friday"
&& FORMAT ( TODAY (), "DDDD" ) <> "Saturday",
IF (
'DateKey'[Date]
= TODAY () - 1,
"Yesterday",
IF (
'DateKey'[Date] = TODAY (),
"Today",
IF ( 'DateKey'[Date] = TODAY () + 1, "Up to next Work Day", "Notapplicable" )
)
),
IF (
FORMAT ( TODAY (), "DDDD" ) = "Friday",
IF (
'DateKey'[Date]
= TODAY () - 1,
"Yesterday",
IF (
"Today",
IF(OR( OR('DateKey'[Date] = TODAY () + 3,'DateKey'[Date] = TODAY () + 2),'DateKey'[Date] = TODAY () + 1), "Up to next Work Day", "Notapplicable" )
)
),
IF (
FORMAT ( TODAY (), "DDDD" ) = "Saturday",
IF (
'DateKey'[Date]
= TODAY () - 1,
"Yesterday",
IF (
"Today",
IF(OR('DateKey'[Date] = TODAY () + 2,'DateKey'[Date] = TODAY () + 1), "Up to next Work Day", "Notapplicable" )
)
)
)
)
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors