Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

abaak
Frequent Visitor

powerbi online can't connect to SQL server

Hi all,

I created my powerbi dashboard in desktop with the data from a sql server. Now I want to automatic refresh the data every day. But in powerbi online it is giving me an erroir that he cannot connect and the data is unreachable. 

In desktop I have no problems connecting. Now I published the report and gives me this error. Whats going on? Has this something to do with whitelisting another ip then my own pc where i created the report on?

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@abaak,

Do you add SQL Server data source within gateway following the guide in this article? If so, please help to post the full error message for us to analyze.

In addition, are you able to access the SQL Server from the gateway machine? You can install Power BI Desktop on the gateway machine to test the connection.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors