Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

amitabhk1971
Helper I
Helper I

making a report online

Hi,

I am going to publish a Power BI report and make it available online and real time. I am curious to know once the report is available online will a person need any login credentials to access the online report? The website where the report will be online is already having a authentication requirement. Will the integrated report need further authentication?

Thanks,

Amitabh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @amitabhk1971,

After publish the report to Power BI service, to refresh data, if you have on-premise data source (eg: SQL database) used in the dataset, it requires gateway to build connection. For details, you can refer to this article: Data refresh in Power BI. Then you can configure schedule refresh for the dataset: Configuring scheduled refresh.

You can pin report visuals to a dashboard then share the dashboard with other users. As the dataset owner already configure gateway for the dataset (if needed) and schedule the refresh, the end user doesn't need to enter any credential to the data source, they just need Power BI Pro license to view this dashboard. You can refer to this article: Share dashboards with coworkers and others. There are also other options to share reports, see: How should I collaborate and share dashboards and reports?.

Best Regards,
QiuyunYu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @amitabhk1971,

After publish the report to Power BI service, to refresh data, if you have on-premise data source (eg: SQL database) used in the dataset, it requires gateway to build connection. For details, you can refer to this article: Data refresh in Power BI. Then you can configure schedule refresh for the dataset: Configuring scheduled refresh.

You can pin report visuals to a dashboard then share the dashboard with other users. As the dataset owner already configure gateway for the dataset (if needed) and schedule the refresh, the end user doesn't need to enter any credential to the data source, they just need Power BI Pro license to view this dashboard. You can refer to this article: Share dashboards with coworkers and others. There are also other options to share reports, see: How should I collaborate and share dashboards and reports?.

Best Regards,
QiuyunYu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors