Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

loop connection for multiple exchange online account

Hello everyone,

I'm facing a problem, i need to extract multiple calendar information to perform cost analytical. I use exchange online connector.

for just few account it's not a problem to connect manualy, but for hundred account it is.

Do you know if there is a way, maybe lwith loop,  to connect those accounts from a list ?

i use administrative account with full access right and connexion with microsoft account to connect each user's account.

I hope there is a way to do that to save much time.

Bye !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Assume that you are connecting to the calendar table. Firstly, add a new blank query in Power BI Desktop, then paste the following code into Advanced Editor of the blank query.

(Account as text) as table=>

let
    Source = Exchange.Contents(""&Account&""),
    Calendar1 = Source{[Name="Calendar"]}[Data]
in
    Calendar1

Secondly, create a table containing all the exhange account you need to loop.
1.PNG

Thirdly, in the table, invoke the function created in step 1, then expand the calendar column.
2.PNG

There is a similar video for your reference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PZSZ53iSos

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JohnsonMatangi
Regular Visitor

hi,

using above facing issue related to scheduled refresh in power bi not shown can any one help me with this.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Assume that you are connecting to the calendar table. Firstly, add a new blank query in Power BI Desktop, then paste the following code into Advanced Editor of the blank query.

(Account as text) as table=>

let
    Source = Exchange.Contents(""&Account&""),
    Calendar1 = Source{[Name="Calendar"]}[Data]
in
    Calendar1

Secondly, create a table containing all the exhange account you need to loop.
1.PNG

Thirdly, in the table, invoke the function created in step 1, then expand the calendar column.
2.PNG

There is a similar video for your reference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PZSZ53iSos

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi,

using above query sucessfully connected to mutliple accounts but , schedule refresh option is not shown in power bi service , could any one please help me with this .

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just perfect, thank you so much !

maybe a last thing do you know when exchange online connector will be able to auto-refresh data in powerBI service ? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors