Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mflorian
Frequent Visitor

enterprise gateway invalid user

I have stood up a new Enterprise Gateway Server and am configuring it for administrators. The server is setup under a generic user from the AD directory. I was able to add some users from AD to be administrators. When I attempt to add myself I am returned and error:

Gateway Error.PNG

Now, I know that I am a valid user. I can administer another gateway but it will not let me do this one. Any ideas on this oddity?

7 REPLIES 7
mflorian
Frequent Visitor

We are continuing to have issues with the AD not allowing a person to be added as an administrator to the gateway.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@mflorian,

Does your account have same domain as the generic user that used to set up and configure gateway? Are you able to sign in Power BI Service using your account?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yes, the accounts are all in the same domain. I am able to administer a gateway that is setup on a different server without issue. The issue seems to be related to how the PowerBI Service is getting and possibly storing AD permissions.

@mflorian,

The issue has been reported internally, I will post back once I get any updates.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

We continue to experience this issue with not being able to add administrators. The issue has occured with new and existing gateways that we created. Has there been any updates to the research on this problem?

@mflorian

Please try to  create a Windows AD group containing your account and add the group as a gateway administrator, then check if you get any issues.

Regards,
Lydia

An update on this.

The same issue exists when I attempt to add myself as someone that can publish reports. I have validated that I am still Pro user in the tenant and I am able to publish on the older gateway but not the new gateway.

Below is the error I recieved when I attempt to add my user as a person that can publish.

Activity IDf6eafe6d-898e-ee5c-c540-2f3ea9f6bace
Request ID53a33eae-bc46-fda9-2595-d9c8a7b80515
Correlation ID3be8a9bf-4465-1333-6364-14e2b630579d
Status code400
ecsCorrelationIdf6eafe6d-898e-ee5c-c540-2f3ea9f6bace
TimeWed Nov 08 2017 11:42:38 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time)
Version13.0.2989.135

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors