Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

download Gateway offline installer

Is there a list of links to full offline installs of the previous versions of the gateway anywhere?

Our standard change process requires reversion step plan and I noticed yesterday that with the smaller online installers it does not matter which version you use, it always seems to download the latest gateway - so reversion is impossible.

I've stumbled across what I believe is a full installer for the latest version, but what about previous versions?

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

There is no official article or blog providing the list of previous versions of gateway. It is always recommended that install the latest version of Power BI gateway.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

But what if the latest version doesnt work? I've seen several posts recently on here from people having problems.

I installed the october update at the weekend and initially had problems with it establishing any connection outbound at all. With a tight downtime window gut instinct is to roll back to previous version but Microsoft is making it impossible currently.

I did eventually manage to get it connecting using the HTTPS option (I believe on the previous build I did not need to do this - unsure if this is related to latest gateway version or network issues our side). However we have continued to have problems in the last 48 hours with the gateway randomly hanging and losing connection to the cloud.

Unfortunately as I'm currently a year long trial user I cannot raise a support incident either.

Rolling back needs to be an option!

@Anonymous,

Could you please post the specific error message you get?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors