Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

can we use on-prem power bi gateway for azure sql database?

Hi All, 

following on from the topic raised here in 25.02.2017, can we now adjust the setting on the on-prem power bi gateway so that it can also be used as gateway for other azure services such as an azure SQL database?

If not, can we install the azure on prem gateway on the same VM as the power  bi gateway?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes you can, if you select the new checkbox that appears at the bottom on the Manage Gateways

Example.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes you can, if you select the new checkbox that appears at the bottom on the Manage Gateways

Example.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

The power bi on-prem gateway that i have installed on the server does not give me a check box option to allow it to be used as an azure services gateway e.g. to move data from on prem into a datalake or azure sql server.

Any advise ?

on prem gateway.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

The checkbox i am referring to allows you to have a project that includes both on-premise data sources and cloud based data sources.  That is the purpose of the check box.

If you want to move data from On-Prem to Azure, thats not really something i'm going to be able to help you with. This is a Power BI forum.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  thank you for this.  I will test it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors