Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lnunez
Regular Visitor

¿What is the best Solution and architecture if I have the database in Amazon?

Hello All,

Can you please recommend me the best solution and architecture for a new project that is just starting?
We have the database in the Cloud (Amazon) and we need this data to be refreshing.
The Database options in order of priority are:
1. MySql
2. Postgress
3. Oracle
I have read that there have been problems with MySql due to connection errors. A problem that apparently has not been solved.

What I need?
What database do you recommend in the Cloud?
Do we have to install a Gateway data?

I remain attentive and thank you very much.
Regards,
Maria

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@lnunez,

To solve the error you mention. You can schedule a job to flush the host by running the mysqladmin flush-hosts command.

If you want to avoid the error in the refresh process, I would reocommend you change your data source. As your post, you can use Azure SQL instead.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@lnunez,

What error message do you refer to about MySQL?

If you need to refresh the dataset/report in Power BI Service, you would need to install Power BI gateway. You can firstly use MySQL connector in Power BI Desktop to connect to your data source, create report there and publish the report to Power BI Service, then configure gateway to refresh your dataset.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Lydia.

I'm talking about the thread: 

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/DataSource-Error-MySQL-Host-is-blocked-because-of-many/td-p/...

I read that the problem haven't solution yet.

I'm starting with Power BI, and I need to know the best architecture.

Maybe is using Azure SQL and the connector?

I need tips.

Thanks a lot.

María

@lnunez,

To solve the error you mention. You can schedule a job to flush the host by running the mysqladmin flush-hosts command.

If you want to avoid the error in the refresh process, I would reocommend you change your data source. As your post, you can use Azure SQL instead.

Regards,
Lydia

Thank you, Lydia

Hello everyone.

Few people participate in this forum? I see very little answers.

Regards

María

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors